Wednesday 23 March 2016

Kayaking

AUT Millennium Center


Kayaking


I heard that it was kayaking! I shouted, "YAY!" The instructor was called Dawn. We sat down on some blue stools. Dawn told us to line up in front of the green paddle bin. Next in kayaking, we practiced rowing with our paddles. My paddle was blue. Dawn told us to scoop and twist the paddle.


She firmly said to sit down on the blue stools. Her instructions were now to capsize the yellow and orange kayak. She said, “Can I please have two volunteers to capsize the boat?” Dawn chose Noah and me. So my mum and Keeley's dad hopped into the greenish blueish pool. Noah and I hopped into the kayak. We rocked the kayak back and forth Then all sudden the boat tipped.

Dawn chose two people at a time to hop into the kayaks. Someone in our group didn't want to have a go. Dawn told us to stick the paddle into the kayak. Dawn pushed us out really hard. It was fun getting pushed out really hard.  I started to paddle it took a long time to finish. Which I was hoping for. But after a while my hands got sore when Dawn said it was time up I was sad. I didn't want to finish kayaking.


By Shavaun

No comments:

Post a Comment